Typically testing occurs for those applying for new jobs or those who work in industries where an existing employer has a random drug test policy.
Even with the legalization of medical and recreational marijuana in states throughout the country private companies are drug testing more than ever and marijuana is still number one on the list, as a result you need to learn how to pass a drug test.
First you need to figure out what type of drug test you will receive. The most common type of drug tests performed is a urinalysis which tests for the presence of marijuana in your urine. Urinalysis tests account for about 75% of drug tests; hair tests and blood tests make up for the other 24 % with about 1% of tests being saliva based.
Most employers use 3rd party drug testing labs to perform drug tests. As the test taker, you are provided an address and scheduled time to go to a drug test performed by a lab technician. In some cases, the test is performed at your place of employment by an on-site lab technician. Smaller employers buy test kits and self-administer the test.
This process takes an estimated 30 Days depending on your toxin levels, metabolism an overall health.
- Drink Lots of Water.While hydrating the body is certainly one of the key ways to detox marijuana from your system, it is not a magic solution. Drinking lots of water keeps the body well hydrated and healthy which is one of the most important things to do when you are trying to get your body to use resources to detox and is especially important when you cleanse for marijuana naturally.
- Get Your Exercise.Because marijuana is fat soluble and can be stored in the fat cells of your body, the more body fat you have the longer it’s going to take to detox. The best way to exercise is to use a combination of both weight lifting and cardio type training like swimming or running which will burn fat and help speed up the metabolism.
- Eat Your Leafy Greens.Green vegetables like kale, broccoli, spinach, and chard are super high in vitamins and minerals like iron. These vegetables contain essential nutrients needed for boosting the body metabolism.
- Drink Lemon Juice.Lemons contain very high levels of Vitamin C, which are a very important electrolyte and also a great way to detox THC naturally. It is best if you get your own fresh lemons from the grocery store as store bought juice will not have the same potency as fresh squeezed lemons.
- Pass on Junk Food and Red Meat.Junk foods, fast food and bacon cheeseburgers (yumm!) are unhealthy in general but when it comes to detoxing marijuana they certainly don’t help. These types of food are high in sodium which causes water retention, and high in sugar and fat which slows the metabolism. Instead focus on highly nutritious foods like lean meats, fruits and vegetables.
- Tea Time.There are several kinds of tea that are said to aid the body in detoxing for marijuana naturally. One of them is Dandelion tea because it helps the liver to eliminate toxins from the body. Green Tea is also a great way to give the body a boost because of the high levels of antioxidants and electrolytes it contains such as Vitamin-C. Any tea that contains a small amount of caffeine will boost your metabolism and burn excess fat.
- Eat Lots of healthy Fiber.Many sources of healthy fiber can come in the form of grains, whole wheat that has not been enriched, and legumes which include peas, peanuts, lentils, soy, and beans. These provide healthy nutrients needed for healthy detoxing.
- Abstain– Using marijuana during your cleanse will re-deposit THC into your body and make you dirty again. The natural cleansing process will effectively start from scratch after you re-introduce toxins into the body.
- Test Yourself– Get a Home test kit at your local drug store or online to confirm you are clean.