DIY: Marijuana-Infused Soaps
Get Over shower beer, cannabis-infused soap will flatten out those aches. Cannabis topicals are widely reported to be a natural and excellent way to reduce pain, muscle fatigue, and inflammation while soothing skin conditions such as eczema and acne.
Below, make your own cannabis-infused soaps. And don’t forget, topicals are non-intoxicating and will not get you high.
Note: There are two main ways to making soap at home. One is 100% from scratch using lye that you mix yourself. While completely safe with the right gear, lye can be dangerous if handled improperly. The second option involves buying a soap base, melting it down, adding your own scents, colors, and extras (like cannabis oil) before re-molding the soap to the shape of your choice. Soap bases can be found in craft and hobby stores or online.
Start to Finish: 1 hour (active: 15 minutes)
Yields: 10-15 medium bars of soap (depending on size of mold)
- 2 pound brick soap base
- 1 bottle essential oil
- 1 bottle soap colorant or mica powder
- 1 bottle cannabis tincture or cannabis coconut oil
- Soap molds (silicone works best)
- Slice off 2-3 square inches of soap base and place in microwave safe bowl
- Microwave in 30-second increments until thoroughly melted and 100% liquid
- Stir in essential oil and colorant to your smell and color preferences
- Stir in desired amount of cannabis tincture (we recommend 10-15 drops)
- Carefully pour into silicone mold
- Let harden for 30-45 minutes
- Remove from mold and enjoy!